Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rebel's craigslist ad.

So I wrote Rebel's add on craigslist on Sunday around 1:45 in the afternoon. Within two hours, I had people calling to come look at him. Here is what I wrote for his ad.

HHHH Rebel Mito Otoe is a 7 year old APHA gelding (also registered with the American Indian Horse Registry). He is a 16 hand, red dun tobiano with a blue eye.

"Rebel" is literally the sweetest horse you will ever meet!! He'll always be there to say hi at feeding time. He really likes to play with younger horses, and loves to run and buck and just enjoy being a horse. His first owner won him at a rodeo raffle, and he was trained and riden during his two year old year. After that, he was left out to pasture for almost 2 years before we bought him. He was like a wild horse, but eventually with patience he came around and became a very sweet horse. When he was 5, he was diagnosed with EPM and made a 100% recovery. I was able to ride him all through his 6 year old year, and he is an amazing horse. All he wants to do is try his hardest for you. However, early in the winter he was limping very bad, and we took him to Oakridge Equine Hospital. They did an x-ray and found that at some point in his life, he factured his left shoulder by the joint. It healed very well, but it didn't heal correctly. A small chip of the bone was stuck in the joint and has slowly bored away at the joint. It hurts him to completely extend his shoulder. The vet mad it very clear that there is nothing we can do, just keep him confortable and let him be a horse. Rebel can longer be riden, and he never will be able to. There is a chance that he will develop arthritis in that shoulder as he ages, and will need steriods to keep that down. However, he would be perfectly fine for leading little kids around the pasture every now and then. His size is a little daunting for some, but once they meet him they fall in love. He'll come up to you when your sitting in the pasture and just rest his head on your back and lightly play with your hair.
He's never bitten, kicked, or done anything out of meaness. He is rather spooky, and needs someone with patience and a light hand to get him to do something he is too scared to do. It took me 2 years to finally get him in the trailer and haul him somewhere; but with other things once he gets over it, he's perfectly fine with it.

Rebel is my best friend, and it breaks my heart to have to sell him, but I just can't keep up with 5 horses and he deserves so much more attention. I'd love to see him go to someone who will keep him forever and spoil him like he deserves. Other horses is a must, he can't stand to be alone and he loves to play. He's been pastured with cows, donkeys and mules in the past. I love this horse with all my heart, and I'd still like to be able to see him everynow and then.

If you are interested, please e-mail me or call/text Kaiann (like cayenne pepper) at 405-627-0083
Price is negotialable for the right person. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PICK WHO I WANT HIM TO GO TO.
Thanks for reading:)
So the first lady that called, didn't ask any questions about him, which is probably the first thing you should do when getting a horse. She just said she was coming over "later". Only 30 minutes after she called, I see a trailer pull in to my drive way. Really. A trailer. I'm not going to just shove my horse off to the first person who comes to see him, don't expect me to sell him the DAY I put the ad up. When she got there we told her we had several other people looking and that I was going to meet them and think it over on who I liked best. She looked him over, petted him, talked about her other horses, then said the stupidest thing. "Well my daughter really wants him for her to ride, so will you take $150?" (I had him listed as $200) Okay...here comes a rant.
I stated, VERY CLEARLY, in the ad that he can not be riden. Are you stupid? I am leading this horse to you and he clearly is limping that means NO RIDING AMIGO. If you think mentioning the fact your child will just be riding in the alley way of stalls, thats even stupider. Rebel has never been in a stall for more than an hour, and he certainly should not be riden by a child without an adult watching. He is spooky, and I will glady admit that. If your going to by your child a  horse, make it a safe one that isn't just going to be able to walk around. So what if you have to pay a little extra. Is your kid really not worth it? And, me as the owner of this horse for sale, if you can't pay that little extra $50 dollars, how the hell am I going to know if you have the ability to pay for any equine expenses whatsoever?! And her daughter never even came out to see Rebel. She just sat in the truck and screamed "MOMMY I WANT HIM!" I was just sitting there saying to myself..if she comes over here Rebel, bite her..do something stupid. Thankfuly, my mom realised that this woman wasn't the owner for him. She said that she would call her, when everyone has looked at him. Well...we forgot to do that...lol. OH!! And the lady mentioned that she was moving to Arkansas. Uhh, I'd still like to see my horse everyonce and again, and why buy a horse if your just going to move it??

On a happier note, however, I think I found the lady I WANT to have Rebel. She called us when the first lady was apparently on her way over. She called me and I nearly started crying. She just went on and on about her little pinto mustang mare loves to run and play, how she has around 17 acres for him and "Spirit" to play on, and how the little donkey next door won't play with Spirit. Rebel loves donkeys:') She called us the day after and she talked to my mom FOREVER about her horse and how they were like childeren and blah blah blah. She is supposed to be coming up this weekend to look at him. When the first lady came, all I could think of was how this is not how I wanted my last glimpse of Rebel to be; him going off in the trailer of someone I barely even trusted. But know, I feel a little braver and I really feel like this is the home for Rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment