Friday, June 17, 2011

And I have signed myself a death contract.

In being a horse person, and wanting to be one for the rest of my life, I have signed myself a death contract.
I was born a horse person, and I will die the same way.
If a horse kills you, take solice in knowing that I will have died happy, doing what I love.


Last night, around 9 o'clock, I was feeding my horses. I had already fed Rosie, and walked around the barn to feed Dream. When I came back, Dusty was in the barn eating out of the grain bin. I walked up to his stomach and swatted him on the stomach.
I took a hoof straight to the head.
I blacked out, got up, punched him in the face, somehow shut the barn door (which I don't remember) and made my way up to the house screaming my head off.
We went to the ER. Cat-scan, X-rays, nothing wrong. No pain meds, nothing. Went home, went to bed.

OOOH, the pain.
Today I went to the eye doctor so they could find a way to get my contact lense out. It was so hard, he had to use a cotton swab to get it out. The white part of my eye is bruised from what he said.
Why was it so hard? Just look at these pictures and you'll find out.

Last night, before I went to bed...

This morning, when I woke up.

Today, around 6pm.

Do I like the guy in the basement from the Goonies? Or the guy from the Mask? I personaly think I bear more of a resemblance to the Hunch Back of Notre Dame.

4 comments:

  1. O.M.G. I can't believe you are smiling! I hope the pain is manageable for you. Ice, ice, ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has got to be so painful. And the doctors weren't worried about any swelling in your brain? I'm sure that's all swelling under the skin, but gosh, you'd think they'd want to keep you in the hospital overnight for observation or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you went to the ER and got the CAT scan.

    That surely looks painful.
    I had something similar happen to me once but not quite as bad.

    Please heal up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any updates??? How are you doing???

    ReplyDelete