Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm letting it fester..

I probably just spelled "fester" wrong lol..

My parents still want to get rid of Rebel.. but they haven't made any moves for me to get dead set on selling him yet. So, I'll just wait till they can't stand it any more. I want to spend as much time with him as possible till that dreaded day when I have to say goodbye. :\ I know its not good for me to drag it on like this, but I would have given anything to spend more time with Mango, and I'm treating this the same way..

Well, drill practice yesterday was AWESOME. But we only have 11 people!! Thats NOT good!! 2 are off because of injuries, 1 left for college, and 2 others left because therir schedules just couldn't handle it.. But I'm not going to stress about it!! There was a time when we had 55 riders, and our past coaches resigned, and only 8 people remained on the team. We built up from there and hey, we made it to the freaking AQHA World show just 2 years after that!! We have an amazing ability to build up after bad things, and to deal with bad things, even whenever in the middle of a drill. JUST WING IT!!!
Dream and Sassy both did AMAZING at drill. Charles came early for horsemanship lessons with several girls from the team, and I got to actually show off Sassy!! He had me as an example for several people on how to ask for a sidepass, pivot, etc. About 5 months ago, Sassy was the one rearing the whole time! I'm so proud of her:) Also, she can sidepass at the trot! Where did that come from?!
After horsemanship, I rode Dream in half of the drill practice. She did really good, didn't mind me carrying a flag on her or anything. Only time she freaked was when a horse behind her tripped and it made a slight noise, she jumped a little but was okay lol..big baby. She was fine riding next to other horses, and never once did that marish squeel or kicked or anything! I was proud of her! Thats a first!!!
Then I rode Sassy again, and mystified Charles when I put a flag on her. He was like "You know what...I'm not even going to say anything." He knows Sassy is bombproof! He was proud of her too:)

Did I ever tell you I found out how to do flying lead changes? Well I already knew...But I found out how to get Dream and Sassy to do it:) I swear I learn so much with Charles. When I'm riding, I can actually think about why I am doing what I am doing, what it teaches the horse, etc. Its AWESOME.

I'm in the search of my video editing disk...I did the blonde thing and unistalled it before locating the installation disk to reinstall...GAW.

Winter weather is coming my way!! Everyone bundle up and stay safe of the roads!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment