Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Road Goes On Forever, But the Party Never Ends!!!

Peyton's moms truck wouldn't start a few days ago. He towed it into VoTech this morning ( I sure hope he didn't use a ropping rope again, ugh lol). Turns out the water in the engine froze aand they have to get a new truck! HA! Finally!! I'm so glad they fiiinally decided to do that. Geezes.

I got to ride today:D Its been pretty much freezing here in Oklahoma for the past couple weeks, today was above freezing WHOOP WHOOP!!! So I rode Dream today in a mechanical hackamore because she has such a sensitive mouth and she neck reins like a pro. What I love so much about her, is you just ask for a trot, and she starts out with this wonderful western pleasure jog. Lean forward and squeeze back with your legs, she'll extend that trot like a Stardardbred! And as soon as you sit down and say "easy" she's back at her jog. She is a wonderful horse, but we are still working on the whole "gallop" thing. If she is going to be a flag horse in drill this year, she better stop having so much fun! Lol I breezed her once across the pasture, she did good but I could still feel her collecting herself up (she's so used to blah blah western pleasure crap). I got her going a second time and holy smokes that mare can run!! Also, that mare can buck...hard. The second her head went down I squeezed my knee's, and this is the only time I will jerk on a horses face. I'm not falling off. I pulled her head up and made her keep going and then stop at the corner of the pasture..okay enough of that for today!! We worked on trotting real nice and easy and also loping easy. I like not riding her with a bit, she does so much better, but mechanical hackamores don't offer much flexion or anything. You pull on one rein, and it will pull on both sides of her face. So tomorrow or when ever I get to ride again, I will try my bosal hackamore and see how she likes that.

Ode to anniversaries. You only think you know someone until you try to out buy them with very little money..lol. My boyfriend and my bestfriend have become good friends (I'm so happy that they can get along so well), and he brought her with him to go shopping on tuesday for my gift. According to my friend, they were at a jewelry store, and he spent $115...thanks for the hints...lol. So I've been looking for a roll bar for his truck...he alllways talks about putting one on "Jenny". I found one on eBay I really like for only $125..He wanted  a chrome one..which in my personal opinon, wouldn't look all that great with what colors his truck has going on. Oh well...as long as he likes it!!!!

I've alos been looking...and looking.....oh and did I mention LOOKING for a barrel or cutting saddle?? I called one guy about one when he said he still had it, and he never called back, so I'm giving up on that. All I want, is a 15", well built saddle!! I don't care if its used or stratched!! UGH!!! And I only have about $350...I'll find something eventually I guess...

anyways..here are some pictures of my horses:)
 Yes, he think's he's a model:)
This is Rosie at a drill comp. Never would guess she is 20 hu?

Dusty at a show. He is getting so big!!

Dusty and Sassy taking a nap:)

Dream likes to have fun:P

Rosie gets down and around!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! They are all beautiful. Hope you both enjoy your anniversary gifts. :-)

    ReplyDelete