Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm going to miss him so much...

My mom called me to day..things aren't adding up with money..someone has to go...

I'm going to miss Rebel so much....



I pretty much trained that horse from the ground up. He taught me just as much as I taught him. He taught me you can't force a horse to do something. Sometimes you just got to let them do it on their own. He healed my wounds when my beloved Mango passed away. Rebel was my saving grace and has been for 3 years now. I can just go sit anywhere in the pasture, and he will come up to me and rub his head lightly on my shoulders. Everyone that has met him says he is the sweetest horse in the world, and its probably true. He's never kicked or bitten of meaness, just once in fear. I felt sky high when I was riding him. Nothing could stop us and we were going to take the world by storm. But when that dream was also ripped out from under me just a month ago, I never gave up my hope in Rebel. I'll still do great things with him, I told everyone. I had plans for him to become a therapy horse and do tricks at the Childerens Hospital and stuff..nope. I understand that when money gets tight, sometimes you got to let things go, no matter how much you love them. Its really hard for me to do, but I'm going to try to write a sale add for Rebel.....in all the years I've had horses, I've never had to do this...its going to be tough. I just hope and pray I can find a home for him, that will love him as much as I do, give him all the attention I give him, know what to do when he chokes, what farrier work he has to have done, etc. And if I catch a single soul ever riding thats not lighter than me, I'm going to kill them with my own bare hands (lol violent much). Price wise? I'm not even sure if I'm going to make some one pay for him..I'm giving away my best friend, I don't want your freaking money.....

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, I am really sorry to read this. I hope you can find him a good home that is close by so that you can check on him and put your mind at ease. I hope you don't mind me saying, but based on my experience, if someone pays for a pet/companion (or anything for that matter), they tend to take better care of them. "Free" implies disposable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I meant to tell you that I have an award for you. Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... I'm so sorry about that. I hope he goes to a good home. I agree with the first comment if you can find someone close by so you can visit that would be great. Or get there email address so you can check on him every now and again.

    ReplyDelete