Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dusty's learning quick!!!!

Sunday I introduced Dusty to the bit for the first time. He didn't like it at first (well duh!) but after lunging for about 10 minutes at the trot he settled down and held it still in his mouth. He gave to pressure on the first try, and he was really easy to get to flex. I tied him up for about 10 minutes on each side, then lunged him for a couple minutes later.
Today, I worked on ground driving him. He was confused at first, he was like "Ugh! Mommy!!! How am I supposed to follow you if you are behind me?!" But he got a hold of it very quickly!!!!!! We walked around in random squiggles around the round pen for like 30 minutes, then for about 5 we went out in the pasture to just walk around, over logs, around barrels, yeah. He took it all in stride!!! I love this little horse. He's going to become an AMAZING horse!!!:)

Something I noticed today..I have 3 horses with dun markings!!! Dusty has all the markings; leg stripes, fask mask, dorsal stripe, etc. Rebel has a dorsal stripe, but you  can only see it when he is laying down (since he is so freaking tall!). Sassy has a very dark, almost black dorsal stripe. I have no clue where she gets it, Dream is a grey and La Roan Ranger is a red roan, he didn't have any dun markings...

Driving Dusty!!! (His dorsal stripe doesn't show up with his winter coat, so I am thinking its counter shading)

"Mom, I look silly!!!!"

Okay this picture cracks me up!!! Everything about it screams REDNECK!!! They didn't have a larger enough jack to lift up Peyton's truck correctly since the shocks were messed up, so what to they do?? They find a log. Duh!!! But what makes me laugh the hardest is Peyton's hat...thats right. "Safety First."

No comments:

Post a Comment