Thursday, March 24, 2011

College really isn't for everyone.

I'm thinking about finding a way to tell my parent's I don't want to college. You see, I'm a very creative minded person. I do NOT do well in math or subjects like that. I can't keep my mind on track and I find it very diffucult. If I go to college, then we will be paying for classes that I am more than likely going to fail. I don't want to gamble that much money on something that seems to be useless. What I really want to do, is work with horses for the rest of my life. I know they have equine programs at a lot of the colleges in my state, but none of them are going to help me, my mind will always be on my other classes. What I really need, is an internship. I'd really like to be able to work with different trainers, and make my living off that, along with web design and graphic design (easy stuff for me). Also, I'd like to try my hand at equine chiropractic work and even go to the Oklahoma Horseshoeing School (of course, I hate the horsemanship that they teach there, but I'll get over that haha).
Also, as soon as I would go off to college, I would need to find a place to keep my horses, more than likely 4 of them. If I went to college, I would never be able to spend time with them and a huge hole would be burned in my pocket.. My parents want to move out as soon as I am out of the house. What I am thinking is getting a job, buying about 10 acres, living in a tent, and just have a tarp tied to some trees as a lean-to for my horses LOL just kidding!!!!
I'm only a junior in highschool, so these thoughts can wait. But honestly, I wish that my aunt Christy hadn't talked my grandpa into changing his will...I'd probably have enough money to by my own place now. Ugh. All of this is just so STRESSFUL! BLAH!


BUT in good news, Peyton's step dad won their settlement (some case against the company that fired him when he got injured)!!! So far, its up to 2 MILLION!!!! Holy crap!!! Peyton is already making plans...he's planning on keeping his old truck, then buying two more exactly like it. One will be the daily driver, the other the work truck, and I forgot what the other one was. Gonna buy a new car to save money? haha HELL NO. Why would I do that?? LOL Maybe he likes his 12 mpg! I'm pretty happy with my 18mpg! But his parent's are wanting to move out of the house..like, 45 minutes away from where I live:( Not cool:( And it's not like Peyton will be able to come see me, all of his trucks will have horrible gas mileage! Haha I'm crossing my fingers that they go for the property thats only 15 minutes from my house...Actually, I'm just hoping they don't move period.

No comments:

Post a Comment