Thursday, May 5, 2011

What I love about Rosie!

I did really great at the show this weekend!!!! 6th in Youth Mares Halter, 2nd in Reining, Barrels, Poles, and Western Pleasure, 1st in Stakes Race and Walk-Trot with Rosie!!!! Then with Dusty I did 2-3yo Geldings Halter, which he didn't place (he had no chance against those big huge guys!), then In-Hand Trail, which he did really good at despite my slip ups, and I don't remember the placings for that class:P
This week I am writing about Rosie!!!


When Mango passed away, I recieved Rebel, but he was obviously not ready for drill, I wasn't ready to quit, and none of the riders on the team wanted me to ride Dream because she is "Pyscho". My best friend's ex-step dad was trying to sell a horse that she used to own, so we inquired and we paid $1800 for her the following January of Mango's death. She was a little thin on the backside and had a huuuge grass belly. It didn't take long for her to get in shape though. She gave me a hell of a first year, taking away Reserve Champion Show and Speed Horse for the Sr. Youth at the OkFQHR shows in 2009, along with helping me get LEAP points in order to win Dusty (I love how all of my horses are connected in some crazy way..haha). Then 2010 was just as great, riding her in the AQHA Youth World Cup, World Show, and NRHA Futurity. I have barely used the halter she won for Freedom Riders Horse of the Year 2010.
From what I know, Karen (Kasey's mom) bought her when she was around 3, then had her in reining training off and on, then went to team roping. She took Karen to NFQHR World's in roping and handy ranch (trail). Rosie has had 2-4 foals, and was Kasey's drill horse for several years. Mango was in love with Rosie, when we were at a Rodeo together, he HATED to be away from her. But who doesn't love Rosie!:) She is the best 20 year old horse out there:D

Pros:
Really really good feet
Stands for the ferrier and baths
REALLY Fast
Total pushover..you can't get on her bad side very easy
Never kicks, bites, or squeels.
The main horse you can always depend on.
Rosie has done pretty much everything.
Great whoa and turns

Cons:
Rosie has the head the size of a warm-blood. And she is 14.3 hands. yeah. lol
Rosie does get a little hard mouthed when she knows it's time to go.
SHE'S A WHITE HORSE IN RED DIRT COUNTRY. Nuff said.
She has a thing about randomly getting hurt before shows.
All the other horses like to chase her around and she doesn't stick up for herself:(
Rosie can be a little hard to keep a good weight on in her older age.

A girl fell off of the back-up pony Sonny during one of our drills, and I just happened to be the rider behind them. Just saying. She made me so proud that day:)

Rosie grazin when she looks nice and is in shape!:)

Last year at Red Dirt Ride Drill Competition with my dad and mom! Gotta love the matching shirts...bahaha..

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on how well you did at the show! Love Rosie what a special girl she is, great horses like that don't come along often.

    ReplyDelete