Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's hard, but I'm getting over it.

I cried driving home yesterday, when I glanced by at my pasture, and didn't see him standing there.
It breaks my heart not having him talking to me at feeding time.
I can't bear not having him nearly running me over to get stratched.

But, I know he is going to a great home. This is the first time I have ever sold a horse, and I'm not taking it too lightly. Tears are never far away, but I've been keeping my chin up. I've caught my self about 10 times, saying "I have 5 horses". Nope, down to four. Haven't been down to four since I very first got Rebel.

I miss him so much. </3

2 comments:

  1. The woman who sold me her horse was devastated, but I assured her she could come and visit or send me an email for pictures any time. It eased the pain for her....and we still keep in touch. Is this an option for you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not be home when we sold a mule, or a horse, or donkey.

    I had to leave and find something else to do.

    ReplyDelete